This is the official webpage of the research project The Logic and Metaphysics of Ground.
These are the most important bits of information about the project:
- It is a project in philosophy, investigating logical and metaphysical issues concerning various related notions of ground.
- Its principal and only investigator is me, Stephan Krämer.
- It is funded by the DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft). (Thank you!)
- It started on June 16, 2014, and will run for (at least) 3 years.
- It is hosted by the Department of Philosophy of the University of Hamburg.
- It, or its principal investigator, likes to collaborate with / talk about grounding matters to others:
- Fellow members of the phlox research group.
- The SNF-funded Sinergia project on Grounding with its subgroups in Neuchatel, Geneva, and Hamburg.
- The guys in Oslo and Munich who work on related topics.
- Kit Fine, who, thanks to his Anneliese-Maier research award, will spend some of his time over the next five years in Hamburg.